Sunday, August 23, 2009

Mr. Winkle Wakes

I think this video was kinda cute. It reminds me of our elders who are a lot like Mr. Winkle. They are so afraid of new technologies. Most of them avoid them as much as possible. Half of the elders in society today do not even know who to text message on a cell phone, need less to say use a computer.

This video makes you think. How will society differ 100 years from now? It's kinda scary to even think about it. Will we have computers doing everything? One thing about it, no matter how technologies have changed in office and hospital buildings, it has pretty much stayed the same in the classroom. Same old teacher, students, lecture, pencil, and paper to me. I don't know if this is a good or bad thing. Should our kids be learning how to use these new technologies. There going to have to learn one day, why not now. I do I hope I can keep up with most of the new technologies so I don't wake up feeling like Mr. Winkle!

1 comment: