Saturday, September 26, 2009

At The Teacher's Desk

I really enjoyed reading Mr. Mcclung's post! I must admit I'm so nervous of how my first year of teaching is going to be. Actually I'm terrified, nervous, excited and anxious all at the same time. I really don't know what to expect, because I know when you get into a classroom all by yourself it's a different ball game than student teaching. I'm also told there's nothing you can do to prepare yourself for this. Therefore I'll have to deal with the situation when it arrives.

I agree with Mr. Mcclung when he said you need to focus on our student's and not on yourself! You have to learn how to read your student's and provide their needs. Show them that you care about them and it's not all about a paycheck! You have to know how to communicate and be flexible with your student's. Last but not least don't set the bar to high for your student's and set them up for failure, let them set the bar themselves.

1 comment: