Sunday, September 13, 2009

Is It Okay To Be A Technologically Illiterate Teacher?

Wow!!! I must admit I am speechless with Mr. Fisch and how he was so blunt about his opinion on teachers who are not technologically literate. I do agree to him to a certain extinct, but I don't agree that someone is smarter than the next person because they are not technologically literate. I mean we have some older doctors that I'm pretty sure is not up with the latest technology. I think technology is quicker not better. I know it may be a lot of people who may disagree with me, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

As for me, I'm not up with the latest technology, but I want to learn for the simple fact I think it's going to be beneficial for my students. What I'm not going to do is criticize or step on anyone else toes for not wanting to learn. Like Mrs. Hines stated, " technology is useless without good teaching." There are effective teachers that have been teaching for years without technology impacting thousands of students lives, so if technology is not what floats their boat so be it!

2 comments:

  1. Would you rather go to a doctor "up with the latest technology," or one who is not? Would you rather fly on an airplane where the pilot is "up with the latest technology," or one who is not? Would you rather be taught by a teacher who is "up with the latest technology," or one who is not? Or is it not as important for the teacher to be "up with the latest technology" as the pilot or the doctor?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Dr. Strange I think you have you made you point lol!

    ReplyDelete