Saturday, September 12, 2009

"It's Not About the Technology" by Kelly Hines

I agree with Mrs. Hines about a lot the things she stated in her blog. Just because you have completed a specialized teacher preparation program doesn't mean you've learned everything you will need to know to be a successful teacher. You must be prepared to go above and beyond to reach your students. You must fine ways to keep them interested in learning, because most kids see school as something they are forced to participate in by their parents anyway.

Mrs Hines also stated, "technology is useless without good teaching." I strongly agree with this. I do not want a teacher who's going to teach me through power points or video's. I want a teacher that's capable of teaching me the material I need to know and if they need to incorporate technology in there lesson to make me understand better then that's fine. I mean if your going to school just to teach through power points, why are you going to school, anyone can do that!

2 comments:

  1. So how do you reconcile these comments with your later posts (above)? In your later posts you discount the need to be technologically literate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. I appreciate your insights!

    ReplyDelete