Thursday, September 17, 2009

Randy Paush's Last Lecture

I enjoyed this inspirational yet long video. Mr Paush is a very intelligent man who is living everyday like his last. He's a mot just a professor he's a motivator that makes you want to succeed. His talk was about persuing your childhood dreams. Anyone can be almost anything they want to as long as they set their mind to it, and if you can't be it you can learn from it.

One of the things he said in this video that really caught my attention was," brick walls are there for a reason; they let is prove how badly we want things." I can relate to that phrase so much. Prior to coming to the University of South Alabama I went to Bishop State where I was taking up physical therapy assistant. It wasn't something I wanted to do, it was something my parents wanted me to do. I was in the PTA program and when the work load picked up I lost interest, not because I was dumb, but because it wasn't something I wanted to do. That's the brick wall Mr. Paush was talking about!

1 comment:

  1. And what Sir Ken Robinson was talking about. Finding your passion and following it!

    ReplyDelete