Thursday, September 10, 2009

Micheal Welsch: A Vision of Students Today

This documentary by Micheal Welsch is very true and captures my college experiences. I have bought so many books that I have never opened more once or twice. Some classes are so crowded that the teachers don't know hardly any of there students. Needless to say the students may not know them either. Most of the time I just know the time, subject, and place I suppose to meet for class.

Technology is not used in most of the classrooms. This bothers me because people are coming up with new technology everyday. As far as being a teacher, you should try to incorporate technology into your classroom to capture your students attention and keep them engaged in learning. Because I know when im sitting in a boring classroom listening to lectures im there physically but not mentally. Think about if your students have access to a computer or phone, I will say 8/10 are not paying attention to you.

1 comment: