Thursday, September 3, 2009

Last Summer Podcast

I'm not the one to criticize, so let me start off by saying all the podcast from last summer were descent. While listening to the podcast there was some room for improvement. During the some of the podcast some people sounded like they were reading straight from their paper with no prior knowledge of what they were talking about. Then you had some people who sounded like they had rehearsed their part like they were getting ready to give a speech. What I mean is they didn't sound natural at all.

From my understanding a podcast should sound very lively. You should do your research on your topic until you fully understand whats going on so you can podcast about it. I think one of the biggest mistakes by some of the students last semester was they didn't really understand the information. I don't think you should try to inform anyone about a topic if you don't understand whats going on yourself. Lastly I think I was privileged to listen to the podcast from last semester so hopefully I don''t make some of the same mistakes.

I must admit, I was not a big fan of podcast, nor am I up with the latest technology because I hate change, but I've found more pro's than con's with using podcast. Especially if you have some important information you would like to share with the world. I think it is one of the most effective way to interact with people. The thing that fascinates me the most is that you can talk to numerous of people all around the world in seconds

Also I found podcast to be a very effective tool for teachers. I like the idea that it gives parents a chance to see whats going on in there child's classroom. That way there will be no more wondering what's going on in the classroom they will actually know! It's also offers distant learning opportunities for students who are at home sick and can't be in the classroom. That way the student won't feel so or overwhelmed after missing a day or two of school work, or try to come to school sick just so they don't get behind.

1 comment:

  1. Podcasts and videocasts can be very effective. In this summer's videocast I would say that there should have been more eye contact with the camera, that all 4 students should have participated (not just 2), and everybody should be prepared!

    ReplyDelete