Sunday, October 4, 2009

iPods in Instruction

I viewed this web page Duke iPods. The page discussed the following: The academic uses of iPods, the benefit of academic iPod use, the problems incountered with academic iPod use, and Institutional impacts of the iPod project. I found that the iPod could be very useful if used correctly, but could be a headache if not.

Me personally, I think I would love to use iPods in instruction here at South Alabama. I understand that learning how to use iPods in instruction could be a challenge at first, but the end result would be rewarding. Just think you could listen to lectures over and over, especially the difficult portions you may have problems with.

I do think some students would abuse the use of recorded lectures. Either the students would sleep through lectures,(in class or in the bed) or they would simply just cut class, because they know they could listen to the lectures later at their conveince. Overall I like the idea of using iPods in instruction, but as we see there are pro's and con's to it as there are pro's and con's to everything. Just make sure the pros' outweigh the con's!

1 comment:

  1. Coming soon to USA. This spring in fact. But not the free iPods.

    ReplyDelete